Linksys WiFi range extenders are awe-inspiring networking devices intended to strengthen WiFi signals of the main access point or the existing router to the far corners of house, workplace, building, and even in blind spots or dead zones areas. Well, there are numerous models of Linksys extender available in the market like RE6500HG AC1200, RE2000 N600, RE6500 AC1200, RE4000W N600, RE6400 AC1200, RE6250 AC750, etc. As per your desire you can pick any one from them. As you pay for a new WiFi range extender, you will need to set it up with a great care and concern. When the question comes to the setup part, you don’t have to worry because we are always here to lend a helping hand to you. In this post will walk you through a step-by-step guide for Linksys Extender Setup? Let’s guide you with the setup process.
Tips for Linksys WiFi Range Extender Setup
First of all, you have to keep few things in mind while setting up a Linksys range extender:
- Choose a neat and clean place to spot your range extender.
- Also, remember that the power supply supposed to be constant throughout the configuration and installation process.
- Status of Linksys Extender should be turned on properly.
- An active, reliable, and live internet connection should be supplied to the computer or laptop.
- Consider noting down the router’s network name (SSID) and password.
Note: Linksys range extender is a plug and play device so it’s recommended to reset the extender to factory default setting before Linksys Initial Setup.
Once you are successfully done through with the above-mentioned things, get started with the process of setup and installation. Well, a Linksys range extender can be set up in two different modes: Access Point Mode and the Extender Mode. When working in the Access Point Mode, they can easily be changed to Extender Mode and vice versa. The second mode lets the extender repeat the wireless signals without using any messy wires whereas the extender mode provides you with better WiFi speeds by decreasing wireless interferences.
Set up Linksys Extender in Extender Mode
The range extender can easily be installed using extender.linksys.com. There is no need to use setup CD or the manuals. Moreover, follow the steps below to set up the extender in Extender Mode:
- Plug in the range extender.
- Power on the computer or laptop.
- Connect your Linksys extender with it (computer or laptop).
- If you can’t access Linksys Extender Login page, then check the Ethernet cable whether it is damaged-free or not. If it is damaged or dusty, replace it immediately.
- After that, launch a web browser.
- Enter linksys.com in the address bar.
- Hit enter.
- A Linksys WiFi Extender Login page will appear.
- To continue, type the default username and password.
- Select the option name wireless range extender.
- After that, make a connection to a wireless network (secured).
- Now, in passphrase key fill in the network password.
- You will now be presented with a new page which provides on-screen instructions for setup and installation.
Here, you simply have to follow them carefully and complete Linksys Range Extender Setup Manually. As soon as you done with it, unplug the device and plug it in back again after five minutes. Fab! You can enjoy fast internet connection in dead zones and poor connectivity areas of your house or office.
Set up Linksys Extender in Access Point Mode
In order to install the range extender as an Access Point, you need an extra-long Ethernet cable. Once you are all set, walk through the rose-petal instructions given below:
- Into a wall plug, insert your range extender.
- To connect extender and router, make use of a damage-free Ethernet cable.
- Turn on your computer.
- Connect it to a fast network connection.
- Open an internet browser Firefox, Edge, Explorer, Chrome (any).
- Navigate to smart WiFi login page of Linksys range extender.
- It asks you to fill in the username and password (default).
- Fill in the login credentials.
Note: If you are accessing it very first time use the default details else use the current details made by you.
- Choose the Access Point option and create the extended broadcasting new network.
- Click on Next button.
- Create an admin password for your network (security reason).
Well Done! Your extender has successfully been set up in Access Point Mode. If you come across any technical issue and unable to get rid of it, make sure to call our experts on toll-free 1-844-748-5637. You can also drop them in the below-given comment section. Trust us we will systematically guide you to make the extender setup process a success.