As per Dr. Kami Hoss, San Diego cosmetic dentistry is often misunderstood as people tend to not only think of it as elective but also as kind of unnecessary and as a result tend to ignore the huge benefits which this treatment can give, like:
- Health: Cosmetic dentistry is mislabeled as something which should be opted for just to improve one’s appearance but aesthetic improvements are not the case every time since there are a lot of cosmetic treatments which improves one’s oral health and hygiene. Like the tooth colored fillings which are used to repair a cavity without using a metallic filling so that it isn’t an eyesore, or like the dental implants that are put in to replace a tooth which has decayed well past the point of repair, or even procedures like envisaging or bonding can help out in fixing improper bite alignment and also prevent future dental procedures which will undoubtedly be costly to fix it. Apart from this, gum lifts which are used to adjust the gum line of your teeth prevents food from being trapped in, thus causing gum diseases which are one of the leading reasons for tooth loss. So cosmetic dental procedures will improve your overall health as well.
- Diet: Fixing up your teeth will undoubtedly help you enjoy different foods which cavities or overbites will not allow you to consume as easily. So fixing these will allow you to have a healthier lifestyle which will include fruits and veggies. Apart from this, you will also love to maintain your oral health and stick to a cleaning schedule if you are proud of your smile. So all of it will come together to provide a better diet for you.
- Self esteem and self confidence: Teens face a lot of anxiety over their looks; some of them even forego showing their teeth while smiling because they feel like their teeth or smile is not perfect. Even then some kids don’t like to get braces as it makes them stand out from others. Thankfully there are better alternative treatments than braces now like invisaling which discreetly helps in fixing their smile and this overall improves their self confidence and self esteem around peers.
- Healthy dental habits: It is commonly noticed that cosmetic dental treatment patients do tend to take better care of their dental health after the treatment. It’s because cosmetic dentistry is an investment and people take all possible care to protect that investment and so they brush, floss and rinse on a regular basis. Also think about it like this, if you didn’t have a good enough smile you might not have loved looking at the mirror but with a better smile you will certainly love to see your smile and also take measures to protect that smile.
- Improve speech: There are a lot of dental health issues which prevents one from speaking freely and so they tend to wither in on themselves and tend to keep to themselves during social situations. Cosmetic dentistry helps in fixing this so that they can smile and be more sociable. When someone’s speech improves then so does their social perception and standing. Kami Hoss appeals everyone to avoid consuming dental therapeutics from chemist shops which is a dangerous practice. Always talk to your dentist and depend on prescription medicines.
Cosmetic dentistry has opened new avenues for better dental health and hygiene in recent times. In the hands of expert dentists like Kami Hoss, one can be rest assured that their dental issues will be addressed on time.